Trouble with good things is there’s no such thing as a substitute. I’m going to need a million of these exact creamy Italian sodas in my life – at least 10 per year forever. So let me introduce you to my official summer drink.
I’m sorry in advance for being emphatic, but I’m just too dang excited about this icy. It’s layers of bubbles upon slush upon cream – the very definition of summertime pop. I’m 1000% positive you will enjoy every last slurp of this cool pink refresher. So put me out of my misery and say you’ll serve this drink at your next baby shower, birthday party, or pool party.
I’ll be the first to admit that this drink was more of an accidental success than an intentional creation. Basically, I was trying to use up some sorbet and sparkling water. Little did I know, I was creating the most sublime Italian cream soda in existence.
This pretty pink drink uses my rhubarb lime sorbet recipe, but if you don’t have an ice cream machine – then just pour that sorbet liquid into some ice cube trays instead. That way, you can still enjoy all that this drink has to offer, which is basically EVERYTHING.
How to Make Italian Cream Soda
1) Add a splash of agave nectar or simple syrup
2) Drop a few scoops of rhubarb lime sorbet
3) Top with sparkling water
4) Add a dollop of whipped cream
…and a sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt if you’re feeling fancy
There you have it – happiness in a glass. Don’t forget that straw. I like these re-usable pink glass straws. Bottoms up and cheers to more blazingly hot summer nights and sophisticated slushies.
Rhubarb Lime Italian Soda
- 1 recipe creamy rhubarb lime sorbet scoop as ice cream or freeze as ice cubes
- 1 liter sparkling water
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- For the ultimate fizz factor, mix each drink individually. Add a spoonful of agave nectar to the bottom of a tall glass. Add a couple scoops of rhubarb lime sorbet (or ice cubes). Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a tiny sprinkle of pink salt. Sip with a straw – it gets better with each sip.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which may pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you!