Chicken and Zucchini
Chicken and zucchini - a super clean, flavorful dish for a light meal. Serve as-is or over rice, inside of a lavash wrap, or pita. This quick and easy recipe involves marinating the chicken with spices and then sauteeing and finishing with lime juice. Gluten free
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time14 mins
Total Time19 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 pounds chicken tenders or breast, pounded and cut into cubes 1-inch thick
- 2 whole zucchini or Mexican squash sliced 1/2-inch thick, then quartered
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chile powder such as chipotle, new mexico, or red chile flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- lime juice (from 1-2 small limes) for finishing
Combine all the ingredients in a large bag or bowl and marinade for 30 minutes at room temperature.*
Warm a large skillet over medium heat and coat the pan with a bit of olive oil. Dump the chicken and zucchini marinade into the hot pan and allow to cook, without moving for 7 minutes. Use a spatula to flip everything over and cook the other side about 6 minutes or until cooked through.
Add fresh lime juice and taste. Season with more salt or lime to taste and serve hot.
- To marinade overnight, simply refrigerate and use the next day.
- Any size or variety of zucchini will work in this recipe.
- Pounding the chicken ensures that it has a more tender texture.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 412IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg